Late screen time
Screen-time from mobile phones, computers, and televisions present a range of problems for sleep. These include:
- Distraction from attempting to go to sleep.
- Stimulation of the mind when it should be moving into a sleepy state. This may be particularly problematic if screens are used in bed.
- Blue light emitted from screens. It is thought this can trick our brain into thinking it is daytime and thus not the time to go to sleep.
To improve health consider
- Turn screen devices off in the earlier evening.
- Keep mobile phones out of the bedroom.
- Use an app that removes blue light from the screen in the late evening.