Metabolic Health Guide
Important information about metabolic health and how to improve it.Get started →
Why use this Guide?
- Feel better and have more energy.
- Lose weight and belly fat.
- Improve many health conditions such as high blood pressure, prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, fertility, fatty liver, and musculoskeletal conditions.
- Improve mental health.
- Help to prevent health conditions such as dementia, stroke, heart attacks, and some cancers.
- Improve physical and mental performance.
- Work through the Guide to learn about metabolic health and why it matters.
- Understand how metabolic health is measured and how to improve it using the Health Foundations.
- Create your own personal health plan using the Health Foundations Prescription.
The Metabolic Health Guide is an information resource suitable for all adults. It was created by Dr Campbell Murdoch, a NHS GP in the UK with a special interest in metabolic health. It is a non-commercial resource, because useful and reliable health information should be available to everyone. The guide must not be considered medical advice. You must speak with your own doctor if you have any healthcare needs or concerns.
Get to know the basics of metabolic health in under 10 minutes.
The benefits of good metabolic health, and the problems of poor metabolic health.
The anatomy of metabolic health, how the body works, and insulin resistance.
The key body measures and blood tests to assess for insulin resistance.
An introduction to the Health Foundations: Nutrition, Movement, Sleep, Mindset
Make a personal health plan.
The dietary options for improving metabolic health.
The physical activity options for improving metabolic health.
Improve sleep to feel well and support metabolic health.
Methods for reducing stress and achieving behaviour change.
Help to improve the Metabolic Health Guide
Improvements are frequently made to this Guide. Please provide your comments and advice in the feedback boxes at the end of each page. Your recommendations will help to improve the Guide for other people.